Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 10 - Welding!

Wednesday here started out as just another day helping around the shop. I am not sure exactly how it happened, but the fact that I was trained in welding came up in conversation. Well, you can weld, have we got a job for you. 

The pottery shop doesn't just sell ceramics, they have a wide selection of items for the home and garden. Some of which are these little metal cats, dogs, and birds. Occasionally these items get broken in shipping and the manufacture does not ask for them back, just sends a credit. So it was my job to see what I could re-weld. The only things I couldn't fix we the birds. They were brazed not welded. 
 
So that was the day, Welding, lunch, some job searching, and planing dinner for later. Andrea and I decided to make a dinner for our host, some of my special home made pasta sauce. I don't make the pasta from scratch, to much work. Pasta sauce how ever, I always make from scratch. I find you get a much better sauce.
 
Oh ya, we are also looking at going to Brisbane. I have a recruitment agency there that wants to interview, and another job up in Airlie Beach that may call for an interview. So we are considering how and when to go. Also, we would be a lot closer to one of our friends in Airlie Beach, so it would just be another quick plane trip, or bus if its the right price.
 

No comments: