Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our house

My first day in the Infront office, a co-worker mentioned her sister had a fully-furnished townhouse with a local rental agency and it had been sitting vacant for a while. On my lunch break I popped over and took a look and Will and I decided to move immediately on putting together our paperwork for a 6 month lease. Renting in Australia is almost as rigorous as buying a home for the paperwork you need to go through. Will and I had to have personal, professional and former landlord references, copies of passports, bank statements and drivers' licenses just to get "approval" to rent.
We thought we'd lost out on the opportunity for the townhouse as I couldn't get my bank statements into a PDF format. There was also someone else interested in renting the property so we felt we were really under the gun. Running of to Hamilton Island last week I had totally forgotten about our rental application until I got a phone call this Monday morning saying we had been approved to rent the property. So now we have to sign the papers and post a full months rent plus two weeks and then the home is ours. Here's a shot of the complex, we'll update with photos inside as soon as we move in.
Things are working out for us more and more each week. I feel a lot more close to normal. It's about time!

7 comments:

jupith said...

Andrea and Will, I am so happy things are working out. You deserve some good luck. Sounds like you are on the right track with your jobs and now your very own place. GREAT!! Keep up the good work. I look foward to new messages on your site. What a great idea for your family and friends to follow you through your adventure. Thanks, judi

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two, looks like a very nice place. Look forward to seeing more pics. Lots of love,
Meag

Anonymous said...

Almost like it was meant to be, eh?
;)

The House That A-M Built said...

Wonderful news! Your own place for a while... you won't know yourselves! A-M xx

Anonymous said...

Cool looking place. My absolute favorite is the huge a$$ BBQ just through the patio doors. What are those fruit growing on the tree in the back yard? Also, I'm glad to see that Will found a teddy bear.

Anonymous said...

Wow, just saw the pics of your place....very nice.

Anonymous said...

Uh...Is that a naked girl towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door? Looks familiar... ;)