Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Andrea's Whitsunday Weekend

Well there isn't much left to share with anyone. I recently went up to the Whitsundays to visit with Tara, meet up with Will and have an interview at InFront Communications.  After four blissful days in Airlie Beach/Cannonvale I had a job offer and a great visit with Tara, Chris and their friends.

Airlie Beach and Cannonvale (nearly the same town) is pretty tiny but is a tourist mecca, so the town is always full. There are great little shops to spend lots of money in and some really great restaurants. I think my favourite part of the weekend was walking through the weekend market on the edge of the beach, searching for trinkets while kids rode camels behind us on the beach. It was also pretty neat bombing up and down the coast with Will in his rental car (a Honda Jazz = Honda Fit). If I thought he was a crazy driver in Canada, he's even more frightening in Australia.
 
I regret now that I didn't get any pictures of the locals (aka. Tara, Chris, their roommates and co-workers) while we fell into a couple of pitchers of sangria the other night. It was pretty interesting to hear some of their stories of working on the boat charters. I did take some of my own pictures though of our accommodations for the weekend and some of the sights around Airlie Beach. I hope you enjoy them; I can't believe I'm actually moving to this place in a matter of weeks! Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and visit!

No comments: