Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Can my fortune be changing?

This past Sunday I saw Will off to the airport. He flew off to the Whitsundays on a double mission. First, he is going to connect with a job opportunity at a place called Graphic House. Second, he's going to spend some time visiting with our good friend Tara and her boyfriend Chris who live in Airlie Beach. Me? Well I'm holding down the fort here in Brisbane.

This week I started my second job. I began my training with Starbucks yesterday. It's a bit tricky trying to balance two full-time work schedules between both jobs, but I'm able to do it. I'm also still cruising the job sites daily and applying to PR jobs all over the country.
 
Yesterday, on a whim, I opened up a document Will had forwarded to me from a resort on Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays. It had the contact information for a PR firm up in Cannonvale (basically part of Whitsunday territory). Being the plucky person I am, I wrote a brief e-mail of introduction to the PR firm and attached my resume asking if they were hiring. Today I got instant responses: yes, they are hiring, and when can I come in for an interview? It's a two-hour flight away, so I won't be getting up there for another week and a half. But I think it's worth making the trip. Why? It could have something to do with the phone call I placed to Will later today to share my good fortune, and he shared with me how he, Tara and Chris were all sitting on the patio at Tara's place looking at the ocean and enjoying a beer. Sign me up for some of that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl :)

Anonymous said...

...and all of a sudden she felt the wind blow through her hair. she continued to walk down the pier smiling at the coming sunset. she briefly turned to face where she had walked from and thought 'i guess this is what change feels like' and continued her walk as the wind pushed her back towards her new destination.

miss you meow