Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our trip to the Great Barrier Reef on Thanksgiving

I think on everyone's Australia "to-do" list, snorkelling, diving or even just visiting the Great Barrier Reef is a top priority. Will always wanted to dive the reef and I was content to snorkel but we weren't sure if we'd ever get the chance to get out on the water. As our luck would have it, Will's mom and grandmother were kind enough to send all of us out to Reef World this past Sunday. Reef World is a pontoon anchored right off the Great Barrier Reef and has all of the dive/snorkel gear, change rooms and even a gift shop. Here are just a few of our photos of the day, we hope you enjoy them as much as we did taking them.

2 comments:

Tambles said...

Beautiful pictures guys, Ive always wanted to go to Australia but somehow have never gotten around to it-so many of my friends have upped sticks and moved there and then terrorised me with tales of spiders the size of dinner plates and deadcockroaches exploding with babies over night-gah!
myfeetdontfitmyshoes.blogspot.com
My facebook notes got a bit or a following so I thought I'd give this bloggin malarky a go- if you're bored and want a random read....do...or you know,don't. I'm sure I'll never know

Anonymous said...

Wow great photos guys!!! Hope you are enjoying a few familiar faces for a visit. I'm really impressed that Gramma went out on the reef...snorkling too,, what a woman! Just kidding! Talk to you soon, Lela